Admin
Thursday, 17 May 2012 08:02

Criminal Mischief 5-16-12

Bangor man robbed after accepting a ride 

BANGOR - An evening at a local downtown bar in Bangor turned scary for one 33-year-old Bangor man who was reportedly choked and robbed after accepting a ride home from an acquaintance.

The man, who was not identified, told Officer Taylor Bagley that when the bar closed Sunday morning at around 1:15 a.m., he accepted a ride from an acquaintance he knew only as 'Scott.' When he got into the man's silver van, he noticed a younger man and three women already inside the vehicle.

The victim told police the younger man choked him from behind until he lost consciousness. He awoke in the parking lot of Angelo's Pizzeria on Hammond Street as the van took off. The victim eventually flagged down a passing motorist and used her cell phone to call police.

Published in Criminal Mischief
Wednesday, 09 May 2012 12:00

May 9, 2012

EDITOR'S NOTE: In our story 'Bonfire explosion leads to charges' that appeared in the May 9 edition of The Maine Edge, the second paragraph incorrectly inferred that the 19-year-old Lamoine man, who was not identified and was injured by the resulting explosion, was responsible for throwing gasoline into the fire that caused his injuries. While it was clarified in the following paragraph, where Blake Thomas, 21, of Southwest Harbor was charged by police to have thrown the gasoline that injured the 19-year-old, the previous reference caused undue confusion.

We regret the error.

Bangor police search for knife-wielding robber

BANGOR - Anyone who may have been around the Circle K convenience store on Broadway in Bangor early Sunday morning is urged to contact police in an effort to help them identify the suspect who robbed the store with a knife. Officer Kyle Pelkey and backup units were dispatched to the convenience store at approximately 1:45 a.m., where the store clerk reported to authorities she'd just been robbed by a man wielding a knife and wearing a purple colored bandana around his face. The suspect is described as a white male, who is approximately 5'5"-5'7", weighing between 200-220 pounds. He has dark hair and was wearing a T-shirt, jeans and black sneakers with white soles. Anyone who might know the identity of the suspect should call Detective Erik Tall at 947-7382. Those who wish to remain anonymous should press 6 to utilize the police tip line.

Published in Criminal Mischief
Thursday, 03 May 2012 12:08

May 2, 2012

New Hampshire man faces OUI charges

ORONO A New Hampshire man is facing charges after witnesses alerted police about an erratic driver.

Police received a call about a green mini van that had struck a curb and nearly struck another vehicle before leaving Orchard Trails apartment complex in the early morning of April 28. Officer Dan Merrill was responding when he saw a vehicle matching the description pull onto Mill Street and park.

He spoke with the driver, Christopher Lucia, 26, of Summersworth, NH, and determined he had been consuming alcohol. Merrill administered field sobriety tests and placed Lucia under arrest for operating under the influence. Lucia was taken to Penobscot County Jail and charged with OUI. He was also cited for possession of drug paraphernalia when police found a glass marijuana pipe in the center console while conducting an inventory search of the vehicle.

Published in Criminal Mischief
Thursday, 26 April 2012 11:50

April 25, 2012

Florida police nab fled felons

PLYMOUTH Police locate two people on the lam.

Back on Jan. 9, Deputy James Kennedy investigated a burglary on the Lower Detroit Road where four firearms, a hunting bow, hunting knives, ammunition and a tool box were reported stolen.

On Jan. 10, Detective Robert Jordan interviewed Becky Cookson, 37 and Charles Burns, 42, both of Plymouth, and recovered three of the stolen firearms along with other property as a result.

Both Burns and Cookson were indicted in March by a Penobscot County Grand Jury for class B burglary and class B theft. Both felonies and warrants were issued for their arrest, but the pair had fled the state.

On April 13, Burns and Cookson were apprehended by Fort Lauderdale police on those warrants and are currently awaiting extradition back to Maine to face the charges.

Published in Criminal Mischief
Thursday, 19 April 2012 14:01

April 18, 2012

Methadone, slightly used

BANGOR Police arrested a Bangor man for allegedly making threats against staff of a local clinic.

On April 11, around 6:30 a.m., officers responded to the Penobscot County Metro Treatment facility on Hogan Road where a man had reportedly threatened staff.

Officer Steve Pelletier learned that Jason Gilbert, 39, of Bangor was told by staff to leave the property. Staff told police that Gilbert had been asked to leave because they learned that the last time he received methadone, he allegedly made himself sick to vomit up the dose he had ingested, to he could give it to another person the previous Saturday.

When confronted by the staff Gilbert made threatening statements. He was arrested and charged with class D terrorizing.

Published in Criminal Mischief
Thursday, 12 April 2012 10:16

April 11, 2012

Orono new hire and promotion

ORONO The Orono Police Department has recently hired Sarah Exley, 26, to fill the open patrol position at the department.

This is Exley's first position in law enforcement. She applied for the job after she realized she wanted her career to go in a different direction.

'I wanted a change of career and wanted something that involved the community more,' she said. '[Orono] is very busy, but also has that small community feel to it. People walk down Main Street and know each other.'

According to Captain Josh Ewing, Exley was a stand-out applicant from the beginning.

Published in Criminal Mischief
Wednesday, 04 April 2012 17:03

April 4, 2012

Internet Safety Night at Orono High School

ORONO The Orono Police Department and Orono High School, in conjunction with the Husson University Criminal Justice Program, will be offering a program to all interested parents, caregivers and community members on keeping kids safe online.

This presentation is aimed at helping parents and caregivers become more aware of the potential online risks and empower them to make safe and smart choices. Most importantly, it will encourage educated communication between adults and their children regarding the Internet.

For more information, contact Orono Police Department at 866-4000 or Orono High School at 866-4916.

Published in Criminal Mischief
Wednesday, 28 March 2012 15:18

March 28, 2012

Stealing the show UPDATE

Robert CoulombeBANGOR Police have charged a man in connection with the thefts during a play at Bangor High School.

On March 28, Sgt. Brad Johnston and Officer Brandon Vafiades of the department's Special Enforcement Team (SET), located and interviewed Robert Coulombe, 57, of Veazie, in connection with the theft of personal items taken from actors/actresses backstage at a play that was being conducted at Bangor High School this past Sunday. The department received several tips from the public since Monday's press release that included images from the high school surveillance showing a male subject callers believed to be Coulombe.

Coulombe agreed to meet the officers at the Bangor Police Department when he complained that several friends and family members pestered him as to why he was on television and in the newspaper.

After a brief interview, Coulombe was summoned for class E misdemeanor theft and transported to a local emergency room at his request for an unrelated medical issue.

Published in Criminal Mischief
Thursday, 15 March 2012 07:39

March 14, 2012

Shooting in Lamoine 

LAMOINE Police are investigating a shooting that happened outside of a house in Lamoine on March 11. One man has died and three others were injured, with one remaining in critical condition at the hospital. A fifth man was present at the house, but was not injured.

Maine State Police detectives are currently investigating the shootings.

The Maine Edge does not publish the names of victims without an overwhelming public need.

Published in Criminal Mischief
Thursday, 08 March 2012 14:21

March 7, 2012

Three arrested on drug charges

ELLSWORTH The Maine Drug Enforcement Agency arrested three men in Ellsworth this week following a three-month investigation into the distribution of narcotic prescription pills. Ellsworth police also assisted in the Wednesday arrests of Scott E. Conlin, 37, of Ellsworth, for unlawful trafficking in schedule W drugs (Oxycodone); Melvin L. Reynolds, 30, of Bronx, New York, for unlawful trafficking in schedule W drugs (Oxycodone); and Timothy D. Kane, 27, of Trenton, for failure to appear in court.

MDEA Supervisor Corey Bagley said the trio was arrested at a Deane Street apartment where agents seized a handgun, shotgun, a small quantity of suspected LSD and ecstasy, over 180 oxycodone pills and $ 8,000 in cash.

Bagley said that the sale of narcotic painkillers such as Oxycodone is a significant problem in Hancock County and throughout the state. The street value of the pills is valued at over $5,400, according to police. Bagley said the investigation will continue with additional charges and arrests likely .

Published in Criminal Mischief
<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next > End >>
Page 9 of 10

Advertisements

Website CMS and Development by Links Online Marketing, LLC, Bangor Maine