Posted by

Katy England Katy England
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
edge staff writer


November 21, 2012

Rate this item
(0 votes)
Armed robbery in Veazie

VEAZIE Veazie police are looking for two men who reportedly held up the Veazie Mini Mart.

Police were called to the convenience store by a frantic owner on Nov. 18, around 7:55 p.m. They learned that two men had entered the store. One, wearing black clothing, displayed a gun and demanded all the money. The other man, wearing light-colored jeans and a black and white flannel shirt, walked around the back of the counter to take money from the owner, while the man with the gun opened the register and removed an undisclosed amount of money.

Chief Mark Leonard is asking that anyone with information call the Veazie Police Department at 947-2358.

Milford woman arrested for bail violation 

ORONO A Milford woman went to jail when police learned that she was allegedly violating her bail while they were investigating an unrelated incident.

Capt. Josh Ewing was interviewing two women staying at the Lakeview and spoke with Marion Anderson, 32, of Milford, and another woman who initially gave a false name. Ewing ran their names and realized that the second woman may have misled him.

When he spoke with her again, she admitted she had given a false name. The reason she had was because Anderson was to have no contact with her due to Anderson's bail conditions.

Anderson was placed under arrest and taken to Penobscot County Jail.

A slap in the face

ORONO An area woman was arrested for allegedly slapping her husband.

Police were called to the Timberview Apartments for a possible domestic violence incident. After investigating and determining an assault had taken place, officers arrested Monica Audibert, 21, of Orono for domestic violence assault and escorted her to Penobscot County Jail.

Man found dead in van police look into cause

BANGOR Bangor police are investigating the death of a man who was found in a van early Sunday morning.

On Nov. 18 around 1:10 a.m., Bangor Police officers were dispatched to the parking lot of St. Joseph's Hospital to the report of an unconscious man in a van that had been discovered by a security guard.

Police and fire rescue crews broke out a window to gain access and determined the man was dead.

The man has not been identified and the circumstances surrounding his death are being investigated by the department's Criminal Investigations Division and the Maine State Medical Examiner's Office.

Police say some drug related paraphernalia was found in the van, and detectives are investigating to determine whether drugs played a role in the death.


The Maine Edge. All rights reserved. Privacy policy. Terms & Conditions.

Website CMS and Development by Links Online Marketing, LLC, Bangor Maine