Posted by

Jodi Hersey Jodi Hersey
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
edge staff writer


July 11, 2012

Rate this item
(0 votes)
July 11, 2012 photo courtesy Bangor Police Department
Ted Nugent's drummer arrested for stealing golf cart

BANGOR - While concert goers were enjoying the sounds of Styx and REO Speedwagon Sunday night at the Waterfront Concerts, Bangor police were trying to stop Ted Nugent's drummer, 55-year-old Mick Brown, who was allegedly driving a stolen golf cart recklessly near the concert grounds. Nugent was the opening act in last weekend's Midwest Rock-n-Roll Express Tour.

Officers Steve Jordan and Jim Dearing were on duty at the concert when security personnel approached them around 9:45 p.m. and told them that Brown, who was intoxicated, had allegedly stolen a gold golf cart used by Waterfront Concerts and was driving it around the Front Street area. Although several people had attempted to stop the drummer, he reportedly sped away. A few moments later, Jordan spotted the golf cart near the Railroad Street crossing, with two women also on board. A second attempt to stop Brown failed when he accelerated past authorities. Finally, a security officer got close enough to stop the musician, but not before allegedly being shoved by Brown. The Arizona native was physically removed from the cart by authorities, placed on the ground and arrested.

Brown was charged with operating under the influence of alcohol, driving to endanger, theft and assault. He was released on $4,000 bail and is scheduled to appear in court on Aug. 15.

It's Independence Day - can't we all get along?

BANGOR - While the fireworks were lighting the skies above downtown Bangor, officers were dispatched to the Dunkin Donuts on Main Street for a reported stabbing.

According to police, on July 4 two females got into a verbal argument that eventually turned into a physical altercation. A third female intervened and produced a knife, stabbing the victim in the back and neck. A Glenburn man who tried to stop the assault was cut on the hand. The suspect then took off on foot. She is described as a rugged white female with medium length red, curly hair. She was wearing a dark shirt and pants at the time. Anyone with information is urged to call Detective Jim Carr at 947-7382. Those who wish to remain anonymous can press 6 to access the tip line.

Bangor man calls 9-1-1 after breaking into a home

BANGOR - A Bangor man who allegedly broke into a home on Ohio Street turned himself into police after calling 911 for help. On July 4, at 7 p.m., Officers say 36-year-old Marcus McCall told police he was calling from a home he broke into because he was being chased by dogs. When police arrived at the scene, McCall told them he heard barking dogs and believed he was being chased through the woods alongside the Kenduskeag Stream by drug cartel agents trying to kill him.

Officers, who could not corroborate McCall's statements, placed the Bangor man under arrest and transported him to the Penobscot County Jail, where he was charged with misdemeanor criminal mischief and criminal trespass.

Other than a smashed window at the residence, authorities noted that nothing had been taken from the home.

Man out shooting skunks, summoned for marijuana cultivation

DANFORTH - State police were called to Danforth on Independence Day after gun shots were fired. When Trooper Kim Sawyer arrived at a nearby home to speak with the individual believed to be firing those shots, no one came to the door. The trooper then made her way to the home's back door where she found a marijuana plant on the steps. As a result, 31-year-old Wade Frye, who was shooting at a skunk at the time, was summoned for cultivating marijuana.

You can't catch me...

BANGOR - A Bangor officer who attempted to stop a van traveling on Main Street with what he believed to be studded snow tires ended up getting in a foot chase with the driver instead.

Officer Jason Linkletter was patrolling the area just after 5 p.m. on July 4, when the van he was attempting to pull over sped onto Sydney Street before entering the parking lot of McDonald's on Main St. Linkletter followed the driver who got out of the vehicle and entered the restaurant. The woman then started running through the fast food chain with the officer in pursuit. Both eventually exited the back entrance, and the woman continued running through the parking lot and up a small hill before surrendering.

After a brief interview with her and her passenger, Linkletter discovered that 30-year-old Nicole Welch's license was under suspension and that there was a warrant out for her arrest. The Bangor resident was arrested due to the warrant and taken to the Penobscot County Jail, where she was charged with operating after revocation and given a citation for operating a motor vehicle with studded snow tires out of season.

Last modified on Wednesday, 11 July 2012 11:48


The Maine Edge. All rights reserved. Privacy policy. Terms & Conditions.

Website CMS and Development by Links Online Marketing, LLC, Bangor Maine