- 4 slices of turkey bacon
- 3 eggs (or 1/2 c. egg product)
- 1/2 c. of fat free half and half
- 1/2 c. fat free milk
- 1/4 t. each nutmeg, salt, and pepper
- 4 oz. light Swiss cheese, diced
- 1/4 c. shredded low-fat Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 c. chopped, fresh spinach
- 3/4 c. chopped green onions
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Cook the slices of bacon over medium heat until done. Drain the bacon and wipe the pan, saving a tiny bit of the oil in the pan for flavor only.
Add the green onions stirring for about a minute. Meanwhile, whisk the eggs with the half and half and the milk. Stir in the Swiss cheese and whisk in the seasonings.
Add the spinach to the pan along with some salt and pepper. As soon as the spinach starts wilting, remove the pan from the heat. Spray a pie pan (I think glass or enamel works best for quiche) with non-stick spray and then stir the vegetables and bacon (chopped) into the egg mixture to coat. Add everything to the pie pan. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the top starts turning a golden brown and the egg sets. If you like a very golden top, you can also broil it for the last minute.