Craft brewers placing greater emphasis on quality
RICHMOND, Va. — Scoff if you must at mass domestic beers, but lessons learned from the makers of Budweiser and Miller Lite are helping to make sure your craft beer tastes the same from pint to pint.
Far from the small and scrappy crew of home brewers that started the movement, craft brewers increasingly are turning to employees of much larger shops like Anheuser-Busch and MillerCoors to tap their experience in creating beer with a consistent flavor and quality time after time on a large scale.
Remembering Dick Stacey’s Country Jamboree
Dick Stacey vs Peggy Lynn
Fans of Dick Stacey’s Country Jamboree loved the quasi-professional mixed with armatures. You could get it all with that show: the good, the bad and the ugly. And the latter was really what came out when Peggy Lynn, daughter of Loretta Lynn, decided to come to Brewer for a show. Except it was the show that wasn’t.
The start of fall brings to mind images of harvest time. From cornucopias spilling over with gourds to fiery red barns set against reddish-yellow foliage, the images of fall are something to take in. Haystacks are dessert-like snacks that fit perfectly with the sights and scenes of fall. Their orange-like color fits in with the hues of the season, and their name and resemblance itself could not pay homage more to harvest time.
To make this peanut buttery treat, you only need three odd-ball ingredients: a cup of butterscotch chips, a half a cup of peanut butter and two cups of chow mein noodles. You can also add a half a cup of salted peanuts to the mix if you would like.
Post-partum hair loss
There have been a lot of beautiful pregnant ladies coming into the salon lately with beautiful heads of hair and the cutest bellies. Recently I was asked about hair shedding after that little bundle of joy showed up. I was amazed at how many ladies were not aware that this will happen and why. I hope this article gives you some more information and puts your mind at ease.
It is normal and expected that we shed up to 150 hairs each day. Our hair grows in three-month cycles. At one time 90 percent of your hair is growing and the other 10 percent is in resting phase. Every two to three months our hair is shedding to allow new hair to grow. This is just an everyday, normal occurrence on our lovely little heads.
Summer is wrapping up, and fall is just around the corner. Whether you are sitting around a campfires of the year or kicking off fall with a blazing bonfire, without a doubt you will want to make a delicious s’mores. After all, who doesn’t love the classic taste of graham crackers, marshmallow and chocolate? If the treat is getting to mundane for your taste, however, or you just want to try something new, consider these variations to a nostalgic favorite.
Rolo centers -- Try jazzing up your s’more by substituting the chocolate with a Rolo. The caramel-filled treats are round, which means they perfectly fit inside the marshmallow and can be toasted at the same time. If you are running short on graham crackers, they also make a tasty treat by themselves. Say hello to melted caramel and creamy chocolate.
Website CMS and Development by Links Online Marketing, LLC, Bangor Maine