Admin

Criminal Mischief (311)

Wednesday, 06 June 2012 13:00

June 6, 2012

Written by Jodi Hersey
Transient arrested following stabbing on Ohio St. 

BANGOR - A 23-year-old man was arrested Monday at the Bangor Area Homeless Shelter and charged with elevated aggravated assault following an early morning stabbing on Ohio Street.

Police were called to 219 Ohio Street at around 6:36 a.m. for a report of a man who had been stabbed in the back. The victim, who has not been identified, was transported to the emergency room at Eastern Maine Medical Center while authorities immediately searched the area for the suspect, who was described as a young, thin African American male who was approximately 5'10" tall. He was last seen wearing black pants and a purple hooded sweatshirt.

Less than four hours later, a man fitting that description was arrested at the Bangor Area Homeless Shelter and identified as 23-year-old Daniel Bolden, a transient, who police say recently moved to the area from Georgia.

Wednesday, 30 May 2012 13:04

May 30, 2012

Written by Jodi Hersey
Disturbance call leads to stabbing investigation

BANGOR - Police received a disturbance call from 69 First St. in Bangor around 1:45 a.m. on May 22. When they arrived, officers found an injured man who was transported to Eastern Maine Medical Center in Bangor. The man, later identified as 38-year-old Andy D. Smith of Bangor, died at the hospital. An autopsy revealed he was stabbed to death.

The incident remains under investigation. Anyone with information is urged to call the Bangor Police Department at 947-7382. Those who wish to remain anonymous should press 6 to use the tip line.

Wednesday, 23 May 2012 12:39

Criminal Mischief - May 23, 2012

Written by Katy England

All subjects are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

Man sought for identification

BANGOR - Police are looking to identify a man who allegedly withdrew money using someone else's credit card.

A 44-year-old Bangor resident reported to police that she lost a bundle of credit cards between her home and downtown Bangor on May 1. However, the resident didn't report the cards stolen for a couple of days in hopes that she had just misplaced them.

But on May 4, one of her cards was used three times for cash withdrawals, two of which successfully went through. Two of those transactions were captured on still photographs from the Court Street Market and an ATM machine in Bangor.

stuart-case-1
image courtesy Bangor Police Department

Anyone who knows the identity of the person in the photographs is urged to contact Officer Jason Stuart at jason.stuart @ bangormaine.gov. Those who wish to remain anonymous can call 947-7382 and press 6 to leave a message on the tip line.

Thursday, 17 May 2012 08:02

Criminal Mischief 5-16-12

Written by Katy England
Bangor man robbed after accepting a ride 

BANGOR - An evening at a local downtown bar in Bangor turned scary for one 33-year-old Bangor man who was reportedly choked and robbed after accepting a ride home from an acquaintance.

The man, who was not identified, told Officer Taylor Bagley that when the bar closed Sunday morning at around 1:15 a.m., he accepted a ride from an acquaintance he knew only as 'Scott.' When he got into the man's silver van, he noticed a younger man and three women already inside the vehicle.

The victim told police the younger man choked him from behind until he lost consciousness. He awoke in the parking lot of Angelo's Pizzeria on Hammond Street as the van took off. The victim eventually flagged down a passing motorist and used her cell phone to call police.

Wednesday, 09 May 2012 12:00

May 9, 2012

Written by Jodi Hersey

EDITOR'S NOTE: In our story 'Bonfire explosion leads to charges' that appeared in the May 9 edition of The Maine Edge, the second paragraph incorrectly inferred that the 19-year-old Lamoine man, who was not identified and was injured by the resulting explosion, was responsible for throwing gasoline into the fire that caused his injuries. While it was clarified in the following paragraph, where Blake Thomas, 21, of Southwest Harbor was charged by police to have thrown the gasoline that injured the 19-year-old, the previous reference caused undue confusion.

We regret the error.

Bangor police search for knife-wielding robber

BANGOR - Anyone who may have been around the Circle K convenience store on Broadway in Bangor early Sunday morning is urged to contact police in an effort to help them identify the suspect who robbed the store with a knife. Officer Kyle Pelkey and backup units were dispatched to the convenience store at approximately 1:45 a.m., where the store clerk reported to authorities she'd just been robbed by a man wielding a knife and wearing a purple colored bandana around his face. The suspect is described as a white male, who is approximately 5'5"-5'7", weighing between 200-220 pounds. He has dark hair and was wearing a T-shirt, jeans and black sneakers with white soles. Anyone who might know the identity of the suspect should call Detective Erik Tall at 947-7382. Those who wish to remain anonymous should press 6 to utilize the police tip line.

Thursday, 03 May 2012 12:08

May 2, 2012

Written by Katy England
New Hampshire man faces OUI charges

ORONO A New Hampshire man is facing charges after witnesses alerted police about an erratic driver.

Police received a call about a green mini van that had struck a curb and nearly struck another vehicle before leaving Orchard Trails apartment complex in the early morning of April 28. Officer Dan Merrill was responding when he saw a vehicle matching the description pull onto Mill Street and park.

He spoke with the driver, Christopher Lucia, 26, of Summersworth, NH, and determined he had been consuming alcohol. Merrill administered field sobriety tests and placed Lucia under arrest for operating under the influence. Lucia was taken to Penobscot County Jail and charged with OUI. He was also cited for possession of drug paraphernalia when police found a glass marijuana pipe in the center console while conducting an inventory search of the vehicle.

Thursday, 26 April 2012 11:50

April 25, 2012

Written by Katy England
Florida police nab fled felons

PLYMOUTH Police locate two people on the lam.

Back on Jan. 9, Deputy James Kennedy investigated a burglary on the Lower Detroit Road where four firearms, a hunting bow, hunting knives, ammunition and a tool box were reported stolen.

On Jan. 10, Detective Robert Jordan interviewed Becky Cookson, 37 and Charles Burns, 42, both of Plymouth, and recovered three of the stolen firearms along with other property as a result.

Both Burns and Cookson were indicted in March by a Penobscot County Grand Jury for class B burglary and class B theft. Both felonies and warrants were issued for their arrest, but the pair had fled the state.

On April 13, Burns and Cookson were apprehended by Fort Lauderdale police on those warrants and are currently awaiting extradition back to Maine to face the charges.

Thursday, 19 April 2012 14:01

April 18, 2012

Written by Katy England
Methadone, slightly used

BANGOR Police arrested a Bangor man for allegedly making threats against staff of a local clinic.

On April 11, around 6:30 a.m., officers responded to the Penobscot County Metro Treatment facility on Hogan Road where a man had reportedly threatened staff.

Officer Steve Pelletier learned that Jason Gilbert, 39, of Bangor was told by staff to leave the property. Staff told police that Gilbert had been asked to leave because they learned that the last time he received methadone, he allegedly made himself sick to vomit up the dose he had ingested, to he could give it to another person the previous Saturday.

When confronted by the staff Gilbert made threatening statements. He was arrested and charged with class D terrorizing.

Thursday, 12 April 2012 10:16

April 11, 2012

Written by Katy England
Orono new hire and promotion

ORONO The Orono Police Department has recently hired Sarah Exley, 26, to fill the open patrol position at the department.

This is Exley's first position in law enforcement. She applied for the job after she realized she wanted her career to go in a different direction.

'I wanted a change of career and wanted something that involved the community more,' she said. '[Orono] is very busy, but also has that small community feel to it. People walk down Main Street and know each other.'

According to Captain Josh Ewing, Exley was a stand-out applicant from the beginning.

Wednesday, 04 April 2012 17:03

April 4, 2012

Written by Katy England
Internet Safety Night at Orono High School

ORONO The Orono Police Department and Orono High School, in conjunction with the Husson University Criminal Justice Program, will be offering a program to all interested parents, caregivers and community members on keeping kids safe online.

This presentation is aimed at helping parents and caregivers become more aware of the potential online risks and empower them to make safe and smart choices. Most importantly, it will encourage educated communication between adults and their children regarding the Internet.

For more information, contact Orono Police Department at 866-4000 or Orono High School at 866-4916.

<< Start < Prev 21 22 23 Next > End >>
Page 22 of 23

Advertisements

Website CMS and Development by Links Online Marketing, LLC, Bangor Maine