However, simply creating a YouTube channel and uploading your videos is just the beginning of the process. To use YouTube as an effective marketing tool, your content must be relevant and highly targeted to your audience, and you must optimize each individual video for search results.
Here are a few simple suggestions to get more views for your videos:
- Make your videos concise, informative and engaging. Start with a well-written script and think about what your target audience would be interested in watching before you begin recording.
- Think of your most relevant keywords when writing a title for your video. YouTube only allows 99 characters, so spend some time carefully selecting your words.
- Make sure to add a caption track to your video so that search engines can scan your transcript, which in turn will help your video become more visible and easy-to-find on YouTube. If you’re unable to add a caption track, use your script as the description of your video.
- Tag, tag and tag again! Select your most relevant keywords and tag away!
- Remove any barriers to entry. You can change the privacy settings of your channel so that everyone can view your videos – not just followers or friends.
Not sure about what kind of videos you should upload? For starters, video testimonials are a powerful tool and have the ability to work wonders. We suggest you select clients who are happy with your services and relationship with them and who are also comfortable with the idea of being in front of a camera. And of course, if you have a stock of instructional videos or commercials available, make use of them! A well-populated channel inspires confidence in your brand.
The bottom line: Creating a YouTube channel can do wonders for your SEO, increase client awareness and assist you greatly in maintaining a productive branding strategy.