1) Create evergreen ads – Instead of creating several radically different versions of your ad for various specials or products, find a way to create an effective campaign that can be used in multiple outlets with only minor revisions. This way you’ll save on design costs while building brand awareness.
2) Recycle your ads – There are many ways to use your advertising creative for other marketing collateral – such as a sales flier with more detailed information about your services/products, a direct mailer, an email campaign, and so on.
3) Create evergreen content – Write articles that can be distributed to many different outlets, such as industry magazines and journals. If the content is good, you’ll be surprised to find out how many publications will run your article within the first six months. Be certain to use the published articles in your sales package – they make your brand look terrific!
4) Take advantage of discounts – Many media companies offer a 5 to 10 percent discount if you pay for your advertising campaign upfront. Take the savings and apply the funds to another marketing activity.
5) Stick with the winning team – If a marketing activity is showing results, stick with it. Reserve a small portion of your funds to try new programs, but don’t mess with perfection!
In order to be able to measure your marketing efforts reasonably, we suggest that you stick with a program for at least 3-4 months. Don’t place an ad for a month and expect results; that is not enough time to determine if the program is working or not, and you would be better off saving those funds.
In essence, no business is engaged in every marketing activity available to them. Choose the activities that make sense to your business and budget, and follow a consistent plan. Chances are you will see results that will not only pay for the marketing campaign, but will bring in more revenue – that is the beauty of effective marketing!
Cíntia Miranda is the president of Pulse Marketing Agency. Learn more about her work at www.pulsemarketingagency.com.