Although the companies and products featured varied widely, similar themes emerged as the presenters shared words of wisdom and advice for the audience that gathered to hear their stories. I’ll share the top five as these are great lessons for every business.
- Developing successful products and services begins with “feeling your customers’ pain.” It’s critical that you understand their needs and wants and offer a solution.
- Innovation is critical to the long term success for any business. The only constant in business is change. If you are not adapting and innovating to adapt to change, you won’t survive. Innovation needs to be inspired and fostered in business.
- Failure is part of the process and should be encouraged. It is only when we fail that we find a way around it and new solutions.
- Give back to your community – to the world. You have a responsibility to make a difference that is bigger than you – bigger than making a paycheck.
- It can and is being done here in Maine! We need to be proud of what is happening in Maine and the work being done. Maine businesses need to inspire others - especially our young people, so they know there are exciting opportunities for them to live and work here.
Great lessons and stories shared by businesses and entrepreneurs making it right here in Maine.